Start making a to do list
First note the things you want to accomplish today. Then take about a minute and make a short list of things that bring a smile to your face and a warmth in your heart.
If life is challenging right now appreciate what works relatively well (your car, electricity, the good food available in your grocery store, that you have a home, that you know good people in your life) or difficulties avoided (woke up this morning as compared to not, didn't say everything that came to mind to say, pipes didn't freeze this winter....).
Sink into a calm feeling inside and recharge. Spend a few moments there throughout the day.
The challenges will still be there - and you'll have a little renewed energy to deal with them.
- Taking a nap
- Talking to a long time friend; connecting in a heart way
- Singing with our ukelele group, or on my own, or with my husband
- Taking care of my body - moving those tight places, going for a walk
- Seeing the light on the hills, the afternoon sun, the morning light as it washes over the mountains and says, "Good morning!" or "What a day this has been!"
- Getting out in the garden, it's been a warm winter (good news/bad news); doing garden things; getting help pruning fruit trees
- Talking to our birds that come and feed at our feeder
- Being warm when it's chilly or cold outside
- Feeling good about a goal I accomplished; about a way I reached out to do something that took me out of my comfort zone
- Ringing our meditation bowl - it has a lovely voice
Find one thing, or a handful of things that warm you, soften your mind and ease your burdens. Let the feeling of calm hold you for about 10 seconds.
Enjoy reshaping your brain by giving attention to what is really wonderful (or relatively good/okay) in this moment.
Let's stay in touch! Every week, I share a free newsletter with my best tips and inspiration to help you feel more ease and resiliency amidst the challenges of daily life. Sign up for my newsletter here: charlottenuessle.com/charlottessignup